Escape from civilization deep in the Daintree Rainforest and chill out in this simple handcrafted octagon tree house. The wide windows are open to the elements and the sounds of the forest. Rainforest Hideaway Daintree is an eco-friendly off-grid escape. With solar power, water from the creek, a cool outdoor shower, and a composting toilet. This is a back-to-nature experience!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Affiliate Disclaimer.
Experiencing the Daintree Rainforest
The heritage-listed Daintree Rainforest is one of the natural wonders of the world. For over 9000 years the Kuku Yalariji tribe has cared for this ancient rainforest. Reaching to the ocean the Daintree is one of the most bio-diverse ecosystems in the world and a naturalist’s dream destination.
You’ll have 1,200 km of tropical rainforest to explore with rare wildlife like the Musky Rat Kangaroo, Golden Orb Spider, Lesser Sooty Owl, Forest Dragons, Goanna Lizards, the metallic Ulysses Butterfly, the Giant Tree Frog, and many more. Take care you don’t bump into a crocodile or a python!
Escape the world!
Best for: Open Tree House in the Daintree Jungle, Off-Grid, Affordable, Couples, Near Cape Tribulation Village $$
The owners of Jungle Tree House are committed to sustainable living and have created a true wilderness experience. Embrace nature up close and hike the surrounding walking tracks while you discover the interesting statues hidden in the jungle. Cool off in the nearby creek, and play the mini golf course!
This is a unique glamping experience with the treehouse open to the gentle sights and sounds of the jungle. Viewing the local wildlife is part of the unique adventure and you may meet a cassowary while you’re in the outdoor shower! The tree house accommodates up to 3 people with 1 queen-size bed on the main floor and 1 single bed in the upstairs loft.
Although high-power devices like microwaves are nowhere in sight, you have a simple kitchen so bring in your own supplies and hide away from the rest of the world! The kitchen has gas cooking, a small fridge, cutlery, and crockery for cooking and dining at home.
FYI: A quirky cottage and cabin are also available for bookings.
See the Tree House and the Cassowary!
Tips for this Daintree Jungle Tree House
- Bring a flashlight for the dark nights, raincoats for the wet, and insect repellant
- Rentalcars.com offer competitively priced cars for jungle trips
- The carpark is 150 metres from the treehouse so bring easy-to-carry bags
- Buy your food supplies at the Woolworths in Mossman before you arrive
- Mosquito nets are provided
- Bring a friend – you’re alone in the jungle.
- But you’re a walk away from Cape Tribulation Village with shops and cafes if you need an espresso!
Top Reasons to Book Rainforest Hideaway Daintree
- An immersive, back-to-nature experience deep in the magic rainforest
- No WIFI, no TV – it’s just you and the rainforest
- Affordable and perfect for eco-adventurers
- Relaxing and restful
- See resident cassowaries ambling by
- Birdlife and sounds of the jungle
- See TripAdvisor for Reviews
Book a Fun Tour in the Daintree Rainforest with Get Your Guide
- Unique Stays NSW for an Extraordinary Escape!
- White Cliffs Underground Motel in New South Wales
- Luxury Safari Tents at Paperbark Camp Jervis Bay
- Ingenia Holidays Rivershore for Unique Safari Tents and Airstreams
- 11 Quirky Places to Stay in Byron Bay for a Beach Break
- Sleep in Style: 9 Quirky Places to Stay in Brisbane