Luxe and more Luxe. Your own Luxury tree house (or unique studio) nestled in the peaceful rainforest hills above the Sunshine Coast. Secrets on the Lake in Montville is a 1-hour drive inland from Noosa. So it’s close to the beach but also deep in the rainforest. The perfect place to relax and reconnect with nature!
Type of Accommodation: Tree House | Treehouse
Destination: Montville | Sunshine Coast | Sunshine Coast Hinterland | Queensland | Australia
Price Range: Cabin/Hostel $ | Budget $$ | Mid-range $$$ | Luxury $$$$ | Super Luxe $$$$+
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Affiliate Disclaimer.
Montville is a gorgeous village 400 metres above sea level in the Sunshine Coast’s tropical hinterland. The views from the village are incredible and everything seems to hang over the cliff edge! The Edge Café is appropriately named and perfect for an espresso or glass of wine as you gaze at the beautiful view. Wander around the art galleries, boutique shops, and buy some yummy fudge at Fudgyboombahs.
Secrets on the Lake
Best for: 4.5-Star Treehouse with all the Mod-Cons, Spa Pool, Tranquility, Sunshine Coast Hinterland, Up to 6 Guests, $$$$
Secrets on the Lake is a nature experience for people who want peace and privacy but don’t want to give up their air con, comfy beds, and modern comforts. Walk through the rainforest, swim in the lake, and return to your well-appointed tree haven.
Why not enjoy lunch on your terrace with views over Lake Baroon. Each treehouse design is rustic, carved from local wood with forged iron, and decorated with local art.
Review: Beautiful craftsmanship. Nice views of lake. Privacy. Lovely bush setting. In nature.
Each unique accommodation has its own private hot tub, fireplace and air-conditioning. With a kitchenette, you can prepare your own meals, and escape from the world.
The on-site restaurant offers delicious Australian cuisine and stunning views of the lake. A 12-minute drive takes you to the charming Montville eateries.
Your treehouse opens onto a furnished balcony. Perfect for taking in the stunning views of the rainforest and Lake Baroon.
The hotel’s art gallery features the work of local artists. While the hiking trails offer the chance to explore the surrounding rainforest.
Take a Tour of Secrets on the Lake
Review: Our accommodation was in a converted old railway station relocated to site. The location was fantastic. Rainforest all around with a lovely lawn area at the front. It was very private and quiet, just the birds in the forest.
Good to know at Secrets on the Lake in Montville
- Relax in your private spa pool with magnificent views of the rainforest and lake
- Enjoy an overflowing breakfast basket on arrival
- BBQ, Free WIFI, Air conditioning, comfy beds, art
- Secrets Cafe, bar and restaurant on site
- 2 night minimum stay
- Prices vary depending on season and days of week.
- Tip: if you stay on a Sun/Mon or Mon/Tue nights it’s significantly cheaper.
Book your stay today and experience the magic of this hidden gem. Pop in your dates and see what prices come up. You’ll stay on this page.
Top Things to Do in Montville
- Kondalilla National Park and Kondalilla Falls, see big goanas.
- Baroon Pocket Dam: fishing, swimming, BBQ, picnicking
- Flame Hill Vinyard: 10 minute drive from Montville Main Street. Wine Tasting, Restaurant.
Book a Fun Sunshine Coast Tour with Get Your Guide
- Unique Stays NSW for an Extraordinary Escape!
- White Cliffs Underground Motel in New South Wales
- Luxury Safari Tents at Paperbark Camp Jervis Bay
- Ingenia Holidays Rivershore for Unique Safari Tents and Airstreams
- 11 Quirky Places to Stay in Byron Bay for a Beach Break
- Sleep in Style: 9 Quirky Places to Stay in Brisbane