Get ready to experience the ultimate in luxury at one of New Zealand’s top lodges – The Farm at Cape Kidnappers in Hawkes Bay. This breathtaking accommodation is popular with romantics and lovers of life. A world-class retreat with unique adventure activities, The Farm earns high praise from Travel + Leisure and Conde Nast Traveller.
Listed by Mr and Mrs Smith, “the Luxury Hotel Travel Club for Hotel Lovers,” who offer a special gourmet picnic for two when you book. As part of IHG, you can also earn OneRewards.
Best for: Luxury Lodge, Bespoke Adventure Activities, Gourmet Cuisine, French Interiors, World-Class Gold Course, $$$$+
The Farm at Cape Kidnappers is set on the hilltop of a 2,400-hectare working farm in Te Awanga, Hawke’s Bay. With 180-degree views of the Pacific Ocean, local vineyards, an 18-hole golf course, and the countryside. You’re a 26-minute drive south of Napier, and a 32-minute drive south of Hawkes Bay Airport. The Farm is a 60-minute flight from Auckland.
Vineyards nearby: Te Awanga Estate, Askerne Estate Winery, and Clearview Estate Winery and Restaurant.
Prepare to be amazed by the unparalleled luxury and charm of The Farm at Cape Kidnappers. This stunning accommodation is crafted in the style of a grand French country house and offers divine interiors and amenities.
The communal spaces are graced with rustic yet charming design elements such as wooden beams, stone walls, and cowhide rugs. The cozy vibe is elevated by plush, oversized couches in the Snug that beckon you to curl up with a glass of exquisite New Zealand pinot. Ideal for a warm and relaxing evening by the fire.
From the lavish cottage suites to the magnificent four-bedroom Owner’s Cottage with its own jacuzzi, everything is designed to exceed your expectations. The accommodation blends country charm, state-of-the-art finishes, and heavenly Italian bed linen.
The farm also features a wine cellar complete with a tasting room, cozy open fireplaces, and a breathtaking infinity pool with a hot tub. Get ready to experience the ultimate in indulgence and relaxation!
The staff at Cape Kidnappers Lodge are genuinely friendly and go above and beyond to make your stay absolutely perfect without being pretentious.
The food is prepared by award-winning chefs, and the menu showcases French, English, and local New Zealand seasonal fare. The restaurant interior is modern-rustic with more of those magnificent ocean views. Room service is also available from 7 am to 10 pm.
DON’T MISS: Every evening at 6.30 pm cocktails are served in the lounge.
The daily rate with Mr and Mrs Smith includes a full breakfast, lunch, pre-dinner drinks with hors d’oeuvres, gourmet dinner, free minibar including domestic beers (excludes spirits and wine), and use of lodge facilities, except spa treatments and use of the golf course.
Review: an absolutely amazing property in an incredible location, with world-class service, and food!
The Lodge Facilities
- Designer lounge and dining spaces
- Infinity Pool with shaded poolside cabana and Hot Tub
- Outdoor entertainment areas
- A fully equipped Fitness Centre
- A Day Spa
Get ready to treat yourself with a visit to The Spa, with three treatment rooms, including a couple’s spa suite. Enjoy breathtaking ocean views and a wide range of luxurious spa treatments. From massages and reflexology to body wraps, facials, pedicures, manicures, and hair care services.
Things to Do
- Cape Kidnappers golf course and clubhouse is nearby and considered one of the best in the world, designed by world-renowned golf architect Tom Doak
- Take a quad bike tour of the property through stony riverbeds, sheep paths, and paddocks
- Try your hand at clay bird shooting and flat-rock fishing
- Sunrise Breakfast at Black Reef, night tour of Cape Sanctuary, forest bird feeding,and orienteering
- Meander through the Lavender walk, and enjoy the scent of lavender, and on to pine trees and the clifftop for views
- Mountain biking, walking trails, shepherding, picnics
- Take a safari to the local Gannet colony
- Take a Kiwi Discover Walk, a local conservation project, with expert guides. Learn about the Kiwi, and the lodge’s efforts to save the local population. They have erected a predator-free fence around the entire property to save the local bird population.
Good to Know at The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
- Complimentary WIFI
- Daily housekeeping
- Airport Shuttle
- Air-conditioning, heating, TV, DVD player,, iPod dock, Evolu toiletries, and a private balcony in each suite
- In-room safe
- Valet parking and Tour Desk
Recommended Suites & Cottages
The Farm is a popular retreat for honeymooners and romantics. Book a Ridge Suite for privacy.
The Farm also welcomes families and friends looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The recommended space for families is the Hilltop Family Suite.
The palatial Owner’s Cottage is also ideal for families or friends and accommodates up to eight guests. This includes a private jacuzzi.
Top Reasons to Stay
Beautiful Suites: 5-Star premium suites designed in the style of Provence, each with a private balcony and jaw-dropping views of the ocean and countryside. The suites and cottage are spacious and beautifully decorated, with comfortable beds and luxurious amenities.
Next to a World-class Golf Course: The Cape Kidnappers Golf Course is ranked among the top 100 in the world. The course offers stunning views of the ocean and the surrounding countryside and is a must-play for any golf enthusiast.
Bespoke Adventure Activities: Birdwatching (kiwi, tui, and many other native birds), All Terrain Vehicle guided farm tours, Can-Am Safari Tour, electric bikes to ride out to Black Reef, Cross-country walks, target shooting, and world-class golfing, Cape Kidnappers Gannet Colony tour.
Gourmet Dining: The lodge’s restaurant offers Michelin-quality cuisine made with fresh, local ingredients. The menu changes regularly to reflect the season and the availability of local produce.
Wine Cellar: spend time tasting wines from The Farm’s own vineyards and other local vineyards. Hawke’s Bay is renowned for its superb Red Blends and Chardonnays, but let’s not overlook the excellent aromatic whites and the impressive Syrahs. (Source: NZ Wine)
Spa and Fitness Centre: The lodge’s Spa offers a range of treatments designed to relax and rejuvenate, while the Fitness Centre has everything you need to stay in shape during your stay.
- Compare car rental prices at Discover Cars and get the best deal!
- Looking for travel insurance? For New Zealand domestic and overseas travel Cover-more Travel Insurance have an excellent range of policies.
- Book the best tours and guides at GetYourGuide and let someone else do all the organising!
- Get the best flight deals with WayAway which offers cashback deals. Join WayAway Plus now and get a 10% discount.
- If you need a pickup from the airport, book one on GetTransfer.
SEE MORE UNIQUE ACCOMMODATION
- Best Eco-Friendly Places to Stay in New Zealand
- Piwakawaka Family Hut – Taranaki’s Rainforest Treehouse
- Top Tiny House Accommodation in Hunter Valley
- Eco-Friendly Places to Stay in the North Island of New Zealand
- 3 Best Luxury Hunter Valley Winery Accommodation in Pokolbin
- Explore Sustainably with Snap Rentals New Zealand