Luxury Glamping – Bay of Plenty includes an idyllic stay in a heavenly natural location. If you’ve ever wanted to try glamping then the sunny Bay of Plenty climate is perfect for this style of holiday.
The region has a variety of landscapes, beautiful beaches, forest parks, cute villages, thermal wonderlands, lots of sun, and a chance to experience the art and tikanga (culture) of the Māori ‘Te Arawa’ tribe in Rotorua…So pack your bags (no sleeping bags needed) and head off for a luxury adventure under canvas…
Type of Accommodation: Glamping and Yurts
Location: Bay of Plenty | Rotorua | North Island | New Zealand
Price Range: $ – Cabin/Hostel | $$ – Budget | $$$ – Mid-range | $$$$ – Luxury | $$$$+ Super Luxe
Links are to: Booking.com | Prices can vary depending on the season.
4. Oakridge Glamping – Rotorua
Best for: Bell Tents, Outdoor Fireplace, Horses, Pet-friendly, Outdoor Bath, Up to 4 Guests, $$$
Five minutes from Ngongotaha Village, in rolling Rotorua farmland, you’ll find two contemporary Bell Tents for a perfect glamping getaway.
Each tent accommodates two guests with a king-size bed, heating and hotel-style interiors surrounded by landscaped grounds. You can rent one or both tents (the price for two is discounted) but whichever you choose you’ll have the place to yourself.
The rustic outdoor covered kitchen comes with a large BBQ and gas hobs for casual cooking, while the decked dining and entertaining area are stylish and relaxing with beanbags and lounging chairs.
Good to Know at this Bay of Plenty Glamping Spot:
- Ngongotaha Village has shops, cafes, Four Square Supermarket, and bakeries
- Rotorua CBD is 15 minutes drive away
- Parking on site
- Snap Rentals have two locations in the North Island – Auckland City and Auckland Airport. They offer low prices and a great range of cars.
- Jucy also has campervans and cars for adventuring around the countryside. With pet-friendly vehicles. They often have special deals.
- Looking for travel insurance? Cover-more Travel Insurance has an excellent range of policies for a range of holidays.
- If you love dining outdoors then check out The Market’s range of picnic hampers, blankets, tables, and all the al-fresco dining necessities
Skip the line and book your tour online. Viator offers 24/7 support, payment options, and free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour. See what’s on offer…