Wind down at the beach in one of these relaxing Raglan Holiday Homes. With a modern coastal vibe, Raglan offers world class surfing, along with artisan shops, coffee spots, stylish restaurants and outdoor adventures. Learn to surf, head out kayaking and paddle boarding, take up rock climbing and hike to the stunning Bridal Veil Falls. This chilled out holiday spot is captivating for all the right reasons…See also Things to Do after the accommodation…
Affiliate Links are to: Booking.com for free cancellation and the Genius programme for loyalty discounts. Bookabach/VRBO for unique holiday homes with kitchens and privacy. Tripadvisor for travellers’ reviews and opinions.
Price Range: Cabin/Hostel $ | Budget $$ | Mid-range $$$ | Luxury $$$$
Type of Accommodation: Conversions | Tiny House | Overwater and Beach
Destination: Raglan | North Island | New Zealand
The Silos Apartments $$$$
Central. Book your stay at this unique boutique accommodation in converted cement silos! Sea and Sunrise views, art, swimming, and kayaking. Wharf location with chic boutiques, cafes and food. Choose from Penthouse, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Book at Booking.com
Three Streams Raglan Retreat $$$
Shabby chic meets contemporary at this stylish retreat. Spacious and warm with lounge, kitchenette, 1 bedroom, deck, BBQ, and stone outdoor bath. Lifestyle block with chooks. Stream and waterfall with friendly eels. Book at Booking.com
The Surf Shack Tiny Home $$
5 minute drive to Raglan Township. Sooo cute! Near Ngarunui surf beach and Manu Bay Beach. This tiny house is a sweet stay with large deck, hammocks, surfboard rack, small kitchenette, lounge, TV and DVDs, games and a loft bedroom with luxe linen. 1 large double bed for up to 2 guests. Experience tiny living and Book at Booking.com
- See the latest travel coupons on our Coupons and Promotions Page
- Snap Rental are New Zealand’s best value car hire, with free airport shuttle service, and great reviews.
- Get a quick travel insurance quote from Cover-More.
Eco Backpacker and quirky accommodation on forested land at the foot of Mt Karioi. Yoga Centre and Surf School. Converted railway cabooses, glamping in the Tipi Forest, and earth domes. Dramatic sea views from the organic café. Mixed reviews online. See more at Tripadvisor.
Waterfront Bach $$$
Anything but a bach! This large Raglan holiday home on the estuary is a spacious sanctuary. With 4 bedrooms and 11 beds you can fit the whole whanau and friends. With large dining, lounge and kitchen. Pop in your travel dates and book your stay with Booking.com:
Stunning Ocean View Barn $$
Ngarunui Beach is two minutes walk away. Rustic and open plan barn for a small group. Just out of town on a north-facing hill with ocean views. Books, games and country walks. Two bedrooms and a mezzanine will fit 8 guests but more comfy with less. Outdoor living and BBQ. Book the Barn at VRBO/Bookabach
Whale Bay Surf Bach $$$
Waterfront apartment with crisp white interiors. Relax with a glass of wine in the oceanfront spa pool on the deck. 2 bedrooms (bunk beds in one and double bed in the other). Marble kitchen and bathroom, plush sofas and luxury linen. Beach sanctuary for up to 5 guests. Book a weekend or longer stay at VRBO/Bookabach
The Gazebo at Ribbonwood Farm $ 1/2
Raglan Harbour (9kms from town). Cool little space for privacy, relaxation and nature. Guests rate it as exceptional. Soak in the outdoor bath with sea views. Shower and rustic kitchen also outdoors with clear roof. (toilet inside). Deck with Cape Cod seating. Mezzanine Queen-size bed for 2 guests. Check out more fun pics and Book at VRBO/Bookabach
Things to do in Raglan
- Surfing lessons at Raglan Surf School
- Rock Climbing with Raglan Rock
- Kayaking, paddle boarding, kiteboarding with Raglan Watersports
- Waingaro Hot Springs – mineral pools, water slide and hydro slide 25 minutes drive north of Raglan
- Bridal Veil Falls are 55 metres high with a beautiful pool at the base. Only a 15 minute drive from Raglan.
- Raglan Wharf: fish and chips, espresso cafe, The Wharf Kitchen and Bar. You can also take a Sunset Cruise from here.
- Tour the Raglan and District Museum
Beaches and Hiking:
- Ngarunui Beach is a black sand ocean beach and the main swimming beach. Lifeguards patrol during the summer months.
- Te Kopua Beach is near town, everyone jumps from the footbridge here!
- Whale Bay attracts surfers all year from around the world.
- Manu Bay (also called The Point) is a surfing beach for experienced surfers.
- Kawhia Hot Water Beach – this remote beach is just over an hour south of Raglan. Take a shovel to dig in the sand and create your own hot pool!
- Mount Karioi – here’s the DOC maps and info for hiking: https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/waikato/places/karioi-area/tracks/karioi-summit-tracks/
- Raglan Hikes: http://raglan.net.nz/things-to-see-do/walking-tracks/
- See more things to do at Tripadvisor
So, when are you escaping to one of these Raglan Holiday Homes by the Beach!
Please share this post with your friends!