Imagine waking up surrounded by crystal-clear turquoise waters and a stunning view of Mount Otemanu every morning in your luxurious overwater bungalow. This isn’t a dream, it’s the reality of staying at The St Regis Bora Bora Overwater Bungalows, in French Polynesia.
Located in one of the most beautiful and exotic destinations in the world, the St Regis Bora Bora Resort offers a unique experience. With overwater bungalows, private beaches, and world-class amenities, it’s no wonder guests keep coming back year after year.
See also The Best Overwater Bungalows in Tahiti and Moorea.
Type of Accommodation: Overwater and Beach
Destination: Bora Bora | French Polynesia
Bookings can be made at: Expedia | Agoda | Hotels.com | Booking.com | Last Minute
Best for: 5+-Star Overwater Bungalows, Glamorous, Honeymoons, Butler Service, Restaurants, Beach and Sea Activities, $$$$+
What truly sets this resort apart are the special touches. From the personalized butler service to the global and Polynesian gourmet dining options to the most spacious overwater bungalows on the island. The St Regis Resort is truly a glamorous beach destination you’ll love!
Best time to visit: The shoulder season is April and November with fine weather (occasional showers) and fewer visitors. The winds are light so this is good diving time. The dry season is from May to October and the most popular time to visit with blue sky weather but also more people and higher prices. The tropical wet season is from December to March with more humidity but prices are lower. With consistently warm temperatures year-round Bora Bora is glorious any time!
On arrival at Bora Bora airport, you’re welcomed at the airport with a Lei, a cool drink, and a refreshing cold towel. You’re then transported by private boat for a 15-minute trip to the St Regis Boat Dock.
From there your personal butler will offer you a fruit juice and take you to the check-in desk. Then it’s on to a buggy tour around the beautiful resort.
The Overwater Bungalows
Get ready to be blown away by the luxurious air-conditioned overwater bungalows adorned with exquisite hand-carved Polynesian sculptures and stunning wooden décor.
Each St Regis Overwater bungalow is spacious and boasts stunning views of the bay or the main island with a separate living area and a bedroom. The Italian-marble bathroom with a rain shower and bathtub is sure to make your stay unforgettable.
Glass panels all around the bungalow allow you to enjoy the mesmerizing turquoise waters below.
The roomy terrace has a dining gazebo that offers a breathtaking view of Bora Bora’s magnificent lagoon. Along with invigorating outdoor showers to wash off the salt water after swimming and snorkeling in the waters around your bungalow.
For those looking for an extra touch of exclusivity, the Royal Overwater Villas come with a private pool, while the Premier Overwater Villas offer a relaxing whirlpool. Excitement awaits you at this paradise retreat!
FYI: The water surrounding the bungalows is quite deep, so you’re equipped with swimming vests. Plus, you’ll also have access to umbrellas and rain ponchos in case it rains.
Your villa comes with bicycles to explore the expansive resort so you can easily reach the gym, restaurant, tennis courts, and other exciting amenities. So get ready to explore and have loads of fun!
Tip: Keep this bike riding in mind when you’re packing your clothes at home. For non-bike riding guests, the resort offers buggies to get you around.
Watch the Slideshow and pop your dates in (you’ll stay on this page)
The Butler service offered by The St Regis Bora Bora Resort is an absolute game-changer! Your very own butler caters to your every need and fulfills your requests. From making restaurant reservations to arranging tours, your butler is there to ensure your stay is nothing short of extraordinary. This is definitely something to get excited about!
- The Lagoonarium is a safe swimming and snorkeling area where you can see tropical fish and ”meet” a giant parrot fish. Perfect if you’re new to snorkeling or don’t want to go out into the open water.
- Swimming Pool with sun loungers, towels, and cocktails.
- Iridium Spa offers massage, sauna, spa and beauty treatments, a Turkish Bath, and a steam room.
- Tennis Courts, 24/7 Fitness Centre, Kids Club, Billiards, and Games Room.
- Private Beach with more incredible service, the beach staff provides you with sun umbrellas and cabanas, towels, shade, ice water, cocktails, kayaks, windsurfing, and snorkeling equipment.
Review: The kindness and services of the staff are outstanding. We felt like every single staff member cared about us. We had an amazing experience at the Lagoon restaurant (we have enjoyed few Michelin-star restaurants and Lagoon is definitely at that level). I also loved the morning coffee service at our overwater villa.
Dining and Bars
The diverse range of dining options and the cool bars sets St Regis Bora Bora Overwater Bungalows apart from the competition.
- Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges – an overwater restaurant offering an innovative menu with local produce and fresh seafood.
- Bamboo Restaurant – this Japanese sushi restaurant is very popular
- Te Pahu Restaurant – an open-air restaurant offering Polynesian cuisine
- Farniente Ristorante – Italian restaurant with delicious pasta
Bars: enjoy a romantic cocktail and the sunset at 727 Bar and relax indoors with a light meal and wine or at the swim-up bar at the Aparima Bar.
Good to Know at The St Regis Bora Bora Overwater Bungalows
- 24/7 Room Service with a full in-room dining menu
- catch the boat shuttle to the main island for dinner at La Villa Mahana
- rent a car for the day to tour the island
- Daily housekeeping
- Perfect for honeymooners and romantic occasions
- Book your once-in-a-lifetime stay at St Regis Bora Bora Resort
If you’re looking for a 5+ Star glamorous and romantic retreat where you can relax in luxury and unwind in style, and be pampered by a team of dedicated professionals from start to finish, look no further than The St Regis Resort Bora Bora!
- See how VisitorsCoverage can help you when you need it most. 24-hour emergency assistance and high-quality insurance coverage at an affordable price.
- Renting a car? Why not explore Bora Bora in an Electric Fun Car?!
- Shop for your resort wear at PrAna with sustainable clothing for yoga, travel, & outdoor adventure enthusiasts. This is the link to their sales page.
- Search for the best flights to your dream holiday here
Recommended Things to Do in Bora Bora
These tours can be booked with Viator. Skip the line and book your tour online. Viator offers 24/7 support, payment options, and free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour.
- Take a Jet-Ski Tour around the whole island then snorkel with sharks and stingrays
- Full Day Combo ATV & Jet Ski with a Polynesian BBQ on a Motu
- Polynesian Outrigger Canoe cruise with a BBQ lunch
- Underwater scooter
- Sail in a catamaran at sunset
- Aqua Safari Introductory Helmet Dive (Underwater Walk)
- Bora Bora 4WD Tour, Lunch at Bloody Mary’s & Eco Shark & Ray Snorkel Cruise (Bloody Mary’s is a famous celebrity bar hangout)
- Hire a boat and try wakeboarding
- The St Regis Bora Bora Overwater Bungalows for a Dream Stay
- Best Overwater Bungalows in Tahiti and Moorea
- Manava Beach Resort Spa Moorea for Overwater Bungalows
- New Caledonia Driving Holiday: Unique and Affordable Places to Stay
- Over 50’s Guide to New Caledonia: Handy Tips
- 5 Unique Places to Stay in New Caledonia – This Will Help You Decide!