Why not try tiny house living on your next holiday? This list of Tiny House Bay of Plenty Stays gives you the chance to experience downsizing and appreciate the small things in life.
From a cool gem in the heart of Mount Maunganui to an enchanting small farmstay in Tauranga to a laid back pod above Ohope Beach, the nightly rates are fantastic and you get to lower your environmental footprint on your next trip away…
Price Range: $ – Cabin/Hostel | $$ – Budget | $$$ – Mid-range | $$$$ – Luxury | $$$$$ – Super Luxe
Links are to: Booking.com | Prices can vary depending on the season.
1. Cozy Tiny House Hideaway – Mount Maunganui
Best for: Architecturally-Designed Tiny House, Location, Shops/Beach, Self-Contained, Deck, 4 Guests, $$
This modernist tiny house is only minutes from a swim at the beach and coffee, wine and food at the nearby Mount eateries. Your stay has everything you need – kitchen, washing machine, lounge, dining bar, two loft bedrooms (accessible by ladders), and a deck to luxuriate in the balmy Mount Maunganui summers.
If you’re staying in the cooler seasons the tiny house is beautifully heated so it’s a real all-season holiday spot.
Good to Know at this Tiny House Bay of Plenty:
- Dishwasher, fridge, stove, oven, crockery, cutlery and glassware all supplied
- Linen and towels are supplied
- BBQ, outdoor beanbags and seating
- Free WIFI
- Parking on the front lawn
- Check prices and availability at Cozy Tiny House Hideaway
2. Thistle and Pine Cottage Farmstay – Tauranga
Best for: Vintage Stay, Near Fernland Thermal Spa, Farm Animals, Affordable, 2 Guests, $$
This beautifully ethereal farmstay is near Bethlehem in Tauranga. Tucked away from the road in a little farmlet with country valley views.
The cottage has thoughtful touches with vintage décor and floral flourishes! You’ll enjoy the peace, quiet and the friendly farm animals. It’s a pretty place where you step into another world and breathe the fresh country air.
Good to Know at this Tiny House in Tauranga:
- Parking on site and free WIFI
- The cottage is one bedroom with double bed, bathroom, lounge area and outdoor deck with seating
- Check prices and availability at Thistle and Pine Cottage Farmstay
Things to Do in Mount Maunganui and Tauranga:
- Country walks from Thistle and Pine Cottage
- Oropi Hot Thermal Pools
- Fernland Thermal Spa Pools
- Walk to the top of Mount Maunganui (or around the base)
- Swimming at Mount Maunganui – the main beach is a surf and swimming beach. Pilot Bay is only a few minutes walk to the other side of the peninsula, which is very calm and great for swimming and picnics
- McLaren Falls – for swims in the river, sunbathing on the rocks, walks and picnics
- The Pottery Studio, 109 Devonport Road, Tauranga
3. Rangimarie 123 Tiny House – Wainui (Ohope Beach)
Best for: Country Tiny House, Chickens and Goats, Affordable, Delicious Breakfast, 2 Guests, $
Calling all country lovers! In the rural hills above Ohope Beach this tiny home is a super little getaway for two guests. With everything you’ll need for a stopover or a longer stay – double bed, BBQ for cooking, interior bathroom, and a deck with sea views.
You’re only a 12 minute drive to Ohope Beach for swimming, cafes, takeaways and restaurants.
Good to Know at this Tiny House Bay of Plenty:
- TV, Free WIFI, Heating
- All towels and linen supplied
- Fridge, microwave, kitchenware, coffee and tea making
- Check prices and availability at Rangimarie 123 Tiny House
See also the Little Blue Bach here: Best List of Unique Accommodation – Bay of Plenty
A Great Video about the Region by National Geographic
- Snap Rentals are popular for New Zealand car rentals: They often post special deals on their website – check that out here.
- Discover Cars are also popular – they’ll search across all car rental companies for your area (including smaller companies too).
- Bamboo clothing is perfect for travelling – so light, soft and naturally breathable. Here’s the link to Boody who offer gorgeous organic bamboo clothing in New Zealand.
- See Get Your Guide’s Top Adventure and Culture Tours in the Bay of Plenty, including Skydiving, Hell’s Gate Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa, Swimming with Dolphins and heaps more…
See the Latest Unique Places to Stay on Staytopia:
- Spiritual and Eco Bay of Plenty Retreats
- Tiny House Bay of Plenty Stays – Mount Maunganui, Tauranga, Ohope Beach
- Luxury Glamping Bay of Plenty
- Best List of Unique Accommodation Bay of Plenty
- 11 Best Glamping South Australia Stays
- Find an Amazing Hawaii Treehouse Rental
- Cool Volcano Hawaii Vacation Rentals, Cabins, Tiny Houses
- Unique Places to Stay in Volcano Hawaii
- Tiny House Accommodation NSW for Fab Little Getaways