At the Oberoi Rajvilas in Jaipur, the designers and artisans have crafted a majestic hotel with canopied tents, Mughal arches, gold leaf frescoes, crystal chandeliers, teak floors, Persian blue pool tiling, and local pottery. All with a traditional charm that you’ll always remember. For travellers, this is a luxurious escape from the hustle and bustle of the city…
Best for: 5 Star Heritage Hotel, Luxury Tents, Lake Pushkar, Gardens, Spa, Peacoks, $$$$+
What’s Unique? A pink fort crafted by local artisans. Stay in a Royal Tent. How about a rejuvenating spa session in an 18th-century haveli? From dining in the charming Surya Mahal to experiencing traditional Rajasthani folk dances under a starlit sky, every moment is special.
See more at: Booking.com and Expedia and Agoda
Palatial and Peaceful
Jaipur is a bustling city but the Oberoi Rajvilas is perfectly positioned 30 minutes away from the hurly-burly of the city in a peaceful spot by Lake Pushkar.
This award-winning hotel is designed as a luxurious and relaxing retreat surrounded by extensive gardens and landscaping, exotic birdlife including magnificent peacocks, and decorative blue pools.
Constructed around an 18th-century temple to Shiva, the designers have created a contemporary hotel in the architectural style of a classical Indian fort.
Loved the puppet show and Indian dancing on every night.
Treated like Royalty
Each room, suite, and villa boasts of unparalleled comfort, a private pool, and a garden.
- Premier Room – four-poster bed, sunken bathtub, private courtyard.
- Luxury Tent – inspired by long ago desert caravans, offers clawfoot bath, king-size bed, AC.
- Royal Tent – inspired by traditional royal caravans, offers a dining area, lounge, king-size bed, and private garden.
- Luxury Villa with private pool – 355 m2 of luxury.
- Kohinoor Villa with private pool. Outstanding accommodation.
Take a Tour
⇨ Air conditioning
⇨ Airport Pick-up
⇨ Two restaurants and a bar
⇨ Surya Mahal – Indian Cuisine
⇨ Rajmahal – fine dining, and alfresco
⇨ 24-hour front desk and room service
⇨ Spa – full treatments
⇨ Ayurvedic, Aromatherapy
⇨ Free WIFI
⇨ Tours can be arranged
⇨ Car to take guests to town
⇨ Daily housekeeping
⇨ In Room Safe
⇨ Croquet and Golf Course
⇨ Jogging Track
⇨ Tennis Court
⇨ Yoga Classes
Why is Jaipur Pink?
The Pink City of Jaipur is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site and part of the Golden Triangle that includes Delhi and Agra.
Jaipur is described by Lonely Planet as the palace ‘gateway to India’s most flamboyant state’, and it’s truly a beautiful pink gem in the crown of Rajasthan with architectural wonders and rich cultural traditions.
The history of the pink city goes back to the 1876 Royal visit to India by Prince Albert. The Maharajah of Jaipur, Sawai Ram Singh, wanted to impress the English aristocracy with a visit from the prince so he cleverly built a Concert Hall in the Prince’s honour, named the Albert Concert Hall (a popular tourist destination today). Then the Maharajah had the entire city repainted in the colour pink!
Traditionally pink represents hospitality and welcome in India so it’s truly a fitting colour. After the prince’s visit, the Maharajah’s first wife loved the pink so much, that the law was changed to require every building in the city to be painted pink. This law is still in effect today!
Nowadays, Jaipur is a popular destination because it’s a good walking city and there are plenty of historic and architectural wonders to explore….see things to see below…
Jaipur Things to See
- UNESCO sight of Jantar Mantar
- City Palace and Amber Palace
- Hawa Mahal Palace
- UNESCO sight of Amer Fort
- Enjoy a Thali meal at one of the local restaurants
- Maharaja Sawai Mansingh II Museum
- Central Museum
- Chandpole Bazaar
- Isarlat Minaret
- Nahargarh Fort
- Royal Gaitor Cenotaphs
- You can also see the Viator list of tours here.
At the Oberoi Rajvilas of Jaipur, you’ll receive royal treatment at this elegant Fort hotel designed to evoke yesteryear with contemporary stylish touches. With its privacy and tranquility, you’ll feel safe and sound at this oasis of beauty near India’s rose-tinted city of Jaipur.
SEE THE LATEST
- White Cliffs Underground Motel in New South Wales
- Luxury Safari Tents at Paperbark Camp Jervis Bay
- 5-Star Luxury at Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses
- The Flying Fox Whanganui: Eco-Friendly Adventure on the River
- Ohakune Train Carriage Accommodation for a Retro Stay!
- Split Apple Retreat New Zealand for an Eco-Luxury Stay