Fancy a tree house stay in Kaikoura with luxury and pampering? The stunning Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses inhabits a zone between rugged coastline and the northern edges of the Southern Alps.
The tree houses perch just above a grove of native Kanuka trees, with views out over countryside, ocean, and mountains. Nature at it’s finest! With a Wellness Spa on site and elegant tree house design Hapuku Lodge could be just the spot for you…
- Type: 5 Star Hotel – Tree houses accommodate 2 to 4 guests, Suites for 2, Villa for up to 6 guests
- Price: $$$$
- Best for: Tree Houses, Pool, Jacuzzi, Spa
- Guest Rating: Excellent
- Location: 1 Station Road, Hapuku, 7173 Hapuku, New Zealand
- Book securely at booking.com
On the north east coast of the South Island Hapuka Lodge and Tree Houses is only a 14 minute drive from Kaikoura. The five tree houses are built 10 metres from the ground and handcrafted in native New Zealand wood. Each one is also named after a New Zealand bird: Kereru, Piwakawaka, Kotare, Tui, and Korimako, and look out across a deer farm and olive grove.
At the top end of the hotel market, these tree houses offer designer accommodation that is spacious and comfortable. Relaxing in the tree tops is so easy with elegant and upmarket furnishings and every attention to detail. The handsome rustic furniture is designed by the owners and made by local crafts people.
Good to Know at Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses:
On your arrival you’ll be greeted with a complementary bottle of wine and cookies along with soft drinks and beer in the fridge for your stay.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the price and your meals are served in the Lodge dining room which is “the heart of the Hapuku experience.” The amazing food is prepared by the Executive Chef and a lot of the delicious ingredients are sourced from the Lodge’s organic gardens.
Each Tree House includes:
- Daily Housekeeping
- Fireplace for icy winter days
- Air conditioning
- Tea/coffee making facilities and a refrigerator
- Flat screen TV, DVD player, iPod Docking station
- Spa bath for two
- Rain shower
- Free WIFI
- Super comfy bedding
- Lounge area and dining area
Beautiful! Beautifully decorated! Delicious food! Super friendly and helpful staff!! Spacious and comfortable rooms! Nice pool and jacuzzi! It’s one of those hotels that you’ll always remember as being super special!Super Happy Guest Comment!
Take a tour:
Relax at Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses:
The lovely facilities include:
- Swimming Pool
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Spa and Wellness Centre
- Sauna and Massage
Borrow one of the free on-site bikes and explore the countryside, swim in the pool or soak in the hot tub.
Private tranquil spot 10 minutes from Kaikoura. Rooms are well appointed and relaxing. Breakfast and dinner which is included were both very good.Guest comment
Kaikoura is a charming coastal town with abundant wild life in the area. Popular for whale watching, diving, snorkelling, kayaking and swimming with dolphins and seals. See the recommended Viator Tours below. Other fun things to do include…
- i-Site Kaikoura offer a guided short walk to cultural sites and the seabed lift caused by the 2016 earthquake. See the Destination Kaikoura website: https://www.kaikoura.co.nz/
- 1 hour walk to the Point Kean Seal Colony
- 2-Day Kaikoura Coast Track takes you through rich landscapes. This guided walk is suitable for most walkers with your luggage transported for you. Stay at a local farmouse. Book at https://kaikouratrack.co.nz/
- Kaikoura Museum – showcasing Kaikoura’s natural, social and cultural history
Maritime Things to Do:
Hapuku Lodge and Tree Houses is a luxury stay with stunning views and elegantly appointed suites high in the tree tops. This is an exceptional hotel that is highly recommended.