If you love nature, swimming, hiking, volcanoes, art, waterfalls, astronomy and coffee then you’ll love the Big Island of Hawai’i! With stunning beaches, rainforest and two live volcanoes the island is a fascinating vacation destination. For an authentic and unique stay why not choose a Hawaii Treehouse Rental!
This collection includes treehouses near Volcanoes National Park, Eden Roc (near Hilo), historic Pahoa and the northern beach town of Puako….
Type of Accommodation: Treehouse
Location: Volcano | Big Island | Hawai’i
See also: Unique Places to Stay in Volcano Hawaii; and Bliss out at this Eco-friendly Treehouse in Volcano Hawaii. and Cool Volcano Hawaii Vacation Rentals, Cabins, and Tiny Houses
1. Big Island Bamboo Treehouse – Volcano
Best for: Romantic Treehouse for Couples, Rainforest Views, Near Volcano Park and Restaurants, 2 Guests, $$$
Sleep in the clouds in this impressive Big Island Bamboo Treehouse surrounded by rainforest and only minutes to the Volcanoes National Park.
Constructed from strong bamboo that was brought to Hawaii from Vietnam, this Volcano treehouse has been hand-crafted to code with stylish interiors and five star comfort…perfect for a romantic stay on the Big Island.
The treehouse is furnished and arranged like a hotel room with a queen-size bed with silky linen, bamboo lounge chairs, Smart TV, heating and dehumidifying,a spacious bathroom and a fully-equipped kitchen.
Don’t miss spending time outdoors on the lanai looking out to the Ohia trees, ferns, banana trees, tropical flowers and at night enjoy a spot of stargazing with a glass of wine.
Good to Know at this Hawaii Treehouse Rental:
- Free WIFI, 4K Smart TV with Netflix
- Children under 5 are welcome
- Kitchen with dishes, pots, pans, utensils, fridge, stove, microwave
- Linen and towels, soaps, shampoo and a large shower
- Parking on site
- Check prices and availability at Big Island Bamboo Treehouse
2. Hale Hubner Treehouse Cottage – Volcano
Best for: Affordable Treehouse, Open Plan, Deck, Families, Friends, Couples, Sleeps 4, $$
This rainforest retreat is near the entrance to Volcano National Park and hidden in the forest. You’ll sleep well up in the trees in this peaceful tropical setting. You’re also near Volcano Village for a grocery store, restaurant and art galleries.
Bring food and drink with you so you’re self-sufficient in the treehouse after a day exploring the volcanic landscapes.
The spacious treehouse with wooden vaulted ceilings, and rainforest views, includes one bedroom with a queen-size bed. While the open-plan lounge includes TV, Cable, DVD player and DVDS, books, and games. The futon in the lounge turns into a double bed.
The kitchen is fully stocked with pantry items, microwave, stove, oven, and fridge. Eat indoors at the dining setting for four or outdoors on the lanai (deck). The bathroom is large with a bath and shower.
If you’re looking for peace and quiet away from the hubbub of tourism, with cool mountain air and lush greenery everywhere, this is it.
Good to Know at this Volcano Treehouse Rental:
- Fireplace, heating, and heated mattresses (and heated pad for futon)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Crib available for babies
- Linen and towels included
- Check prices and availability at Hale Hubner Treehouse Cottage
Things to Do in Volcano:
- Walk the Crater Rim Trail for a close up look of Kilauea
- Drive up the Mauna Loa Access Road to the lookout area
- Nāhuku (Thurston Lava Tube) – walk through lush rainforest to a 500-year old lava tube (open 8am to 8pm)
- Take a walk around the art galleries in Volcano Village
- Visit the nearest beach – Punalu’u Black Sand Beach is blessed with coconut palms and turtles
- Get your Guide offers tours to Coffee Plantations, Volcano Crater Hikes, Kayaking with Dolphins at Kealakekua Bay, Sunrise over the Mauna Kea Summit and lots more.
3. Hawaiian Tree House Cabin – Eden Roc
Best for: Cedar Rainforest Treehouse, Modern, Recently Renovated, Full Kitchen, Couples, Sleeps 2, $$
Midway between Hilo and the Volcanoes National Park this contemporary cedar treehouse is the perfect base for your Big Island adventures.
The Space at this Hawaii Treehouse Rental:
Set on 1.6 acres of rainforest and gardens, this compact treehouse for two is immaculately cared for, with stylish furnishings and interiors. Outdoors you can sit on the upstairs Lanai and enjoy the starry nights or take your morning coffee downstairs in a covered area under the house and enjoy the tropical forest views and bird song.
Good to Know:
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a large fridge, stove, oven and dining table
- All linen and towels included
- Toilet upstairs and shower downstairs
- WIFI, TV with Netflix
- Check prices and availability at the Hawaiian Treehouse Cabin
Things to Do in and around Hilo:
- Hawai’i Tropical Bioreserve and Garden
- Rainbow Falls
- Imiloa Astronomy Centre
- Hilo Farmers Market
- ‘Akaka Falls
- Coconut Island for swimming
- See Tripadvisor’s top 10 Tours here (includes helicopter rides over the volcanoes, coffee and chocolate farm tours, snorkeling, turtles, dolphins…)
Travel Tip: you’ll need a car while you’re on the Big Island, it’s difficult to get around by Uber. Discover Cars find the best deals for you on the island and you can search for Hilo Airport if that’s where you’re arriving.
4. Puako Studio Treehouse for a Romantic Get-away – Puako Beach
Best for: Beach Treehouse, Spotless, Swimming, Snorkeling, 2 Guests, $$$
This chic beach treehouse sits below the branches of an impressive Banyon Tree. You’re only a few steps to the sea for a swim or kayak at white sand Puako Beach and the tidal pools for snorkeling and beachcombing. FYI: you’re sure to see turtles.
With light beachy interiors the studio includes a covered lanai for outdoor living and sea views, fully-equipped kitchen, bedroom with king-size bed and lounge seating with a TV and cable channels. High ceilings, fans and sea breezes keep you cool on the hottest days at this romantic Hawaii Treehouse rental on the beach.
What’s nearby? Waielea Beach, Great 4-D Movie Ride, Mauna Lani Beach, Puako Bay, Waikoloa Kings Golf Course. You’ll find shops, a grocery store, eateries and art galleries at Mauni Lani, only an 8 minute drive away.
Good to Know:
- Kitchen has oven, stove, grill, fridge, microwave, dishes and utensils
- All towels and linen included (bring your own beach towels)
- Internet and parking
- Washing machine and dryer
- Check prices and availability at Puako Studio Treehouse
5. Tropical Roundhouse and Small Cottage – Pahoa
Best for: Bed and Breakfast, Gardens, Friendly, 4 Guests, $$
Your welcoming host offers unique accommodation and delicious breakfast in the jungle near the Lava Tree State Monument and historic Pahoa.
The Roundhouse studios and cottages, have colorful and rustic interiors. Parking is available on site (costs extra). You’ll have access to Free WIFI, the gardens and a shared kitchen.
Check Prices and Availability here:
More Unique Places to Stay in Hawaii:
- Tiny Houses Big Island Hawaii – this list will help you decide!
- Find an Amazing Hawaii Treehouse Rental
- Cool Volcano Hawaii Vacation Rentals, Cabins, Tiny Houses
- Unique Places to Stay in Volcano Hawaii
- Bliss out at this Eco-Friendly Tree House in Volcano, Hawai’i