Are you searching for a unique and eco-friendly hotel that’s off the beaten path? Then it’s time to book your very own tree house hotel near Chiang Mai in Thailand!
The fabulously quirky collection of tree houses at Rabeang Pasak Tree House Resort is well worth a 75 km side trip from Chiang Mai in the north. This 3-star resort is off most travelers’ radars so you’ll be staying in one of Thailand’s best-kept secrets! Read on and see if it’s the adventure for you…
Type of Accommodation: Tree House
See also: Bangkok Tree House – a stylish stay on an island in the heart of Bangkok!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Affiliate Disclaimer.
Rabeang Pasak Tree House
Although Rabeang Pasak Tree House is a resort it isn’t high-end luxury. It’s more of a quirky, super friendly family-run ‘guest house’ set in an enchanting teak forest.
You get to choose your own unique handcrafted tree house to call home! You’ll be ‘perched’ high up in the trees with birds and monkeys for company but you’ll still enjoy your modern comforts. Take that Tarzan!
The 2.5-star tree houses are Located in a Teak Forest in Pasak Ngam Village, Doi Saket, and are suitable for:
- Independent travelers
- Adventurous honeymooners
- Families – family of 6 is OK – try the Star Family Tree House
Highly rated by guests, your tree house is a comfy cottage beautifully carved from native wood and bamboo, with a private bathroom and open-air shower. Each tree house has a balcony where you can relax and enjoy peaceful solitude.
- A flashlight is handy at night, especially on the stairs.
- Bring a solar charger for your devices because power cuts are common in this part of Thailand.
- Winter is chilly in the north so bring a warm jacket.
What’s the Highest Tree House?
Tamarind Tree House is the highest tree house at Rabeang Pasak Resort. The Tamarind’s stairs are creaky with a few holes here and there so this is a tree house definitely designed for the adrenaline junkie!
Keen to stay? Pop in your dates (prices in US$):
- FLY – The cheapest time to fly to Thailand is the Monsoon Season from July to October. Luckily the best time to visit the north is September and October when it’s refreshingly cooler and dryer than the south. You can check out cheap flights here with Wayaway. If you Join WayAway Plus now you can get a 10% discount.
- Looking for Travel Insurance? Click here and get an instant quote from Insubuy for your trip to Thailand.
- Book the best tours and guides for Chiang Mai on GetYourGuide and let someone else do all the organising!
What Activities are on offer at the Rabeang Pasak Resort?
You’ll have free use of bikes (they’re creaky) so you can cycle to the nearby attractions that are interesting (but not amazing): Bat Cave, Stalagmite Cave, Red Sand, Sunset Point, Temple, and waterfall.
Free use of fishing rods for a spot of fishing in the stream that runs between the tree houses. This stream creates a natural pool for idyllic swimming and you can stay fit hiking in the nearby forest.
Good to Know:
- Free WIFI or switch off for a tech-free break
- Mini library for lazy day reading
- Sun Terrace and Bar
- Fireplace, firewood, and marshmallows – for kids young and old
- Restaurant (great food – pre-book your breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Around US$4 for lunch, $8 for dinner.
- Romantic candle-lit dinner in the forest
- Restaurants a few km away in a local village
- 75 km from Chiang Mai Airport (1.5 hours by car).
- Transport: A shuttle is available to/from Chiang Mai Railway Station
- Amazing carved tree houses with comfy beds and all the mod cons.
- Welcoming family-run business.
- Yummy food.
- Bike and hike to local attractions.
- Bring your solar chargers and lights – occasional power cuts occur in this area.
- Winter is chilly but beds are warm.
- You will pay more for the quirky factor but this resort is an experience you’ll always remember!
Everyone who finds Rabeang Pasak Tree House calls it a hidden gem in the forest. This friendly resort is not well known by tourists so get in quick before word gets out!
Thanks for visiting this page and I hope you enjoyed learning about this Tree House Hotel Near Chiang Mai. See more cool places to stay in Chiang Mai: