This list of Blenheim Vineyard Accommodation features stylish holiday homes, set amongst the vines with plenty of room for four to six guests. They’re also close to Marlborough’s world-class restaurants, craft breweries, gin distillers, artisan shops, cafes, boutiques, and the 30+ vineyards you can visit for wine sampling and cellar door sales.
Blessed with golden weather, green rolling countryside, mild sea breezes and the perfect micro-climate for growing grapes Marlborough is well-known for it’s production of white wines, in particular Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. A stay in one of these unique holiday homes is the perfect spot for exploring Blenheim’s wine and food specialties. Take a tour or hire a bike (see below). And with the Marlborough Sounds on your doorstep, beaches, rivers and ancients forests, you have a recipe for a dream escape!
1. Award-winning Vineyard Holiday House with Private Swimming Pool – Sleeps 6
Best for: 3-Bedroom Holiday Home, Magnificent Gardens, Gourmet Breakfast, Concierge Service, Pet-friendly, Private Pool, $$$+
This hugely popular holiday home has all the bells and whistles for an idyllic stay in the heart of a vineyard. On arrival you’ll begin your wine tasting adventure with a bottle of wine from the owner’s vines. Each morning you’re greeted with freshly-baked bread, homemade jams, and vegan Nut and Seed Granola. Enjoy outdoor activities on the extensive lawns and wander around the beautiful gardens and enjoy the multitude of fruit trees, apple, citrus, fig, apricot and feijoa. Why not make your own fruit juice!
Kick back and relax with the books, DVD, SKY TV, and Chromecast and snuggle up in front of the crackling fireplace. In summer the air-conditioning unit keeps you nice and cool. The kitchen is fully equipped, including the pantry with all the necessities. But if you don’t feel like cooking you can order delicious heat and eat meals to dine at home. Feel like eating out? Blenheim’s restaurants and cafes are only a 4-minute drive away – Gramado’s and Arbour are very popular restaurants. For things to do in Blenheim see the list here on TripAdvisor.
Good to Know at this Blenheim Luxury Holiday House:
- Master Bedroom with a queen bed, second bedroom with queen bed, and third bedroom with a single bed
- Egyptian cotton sheets, waffle robes
- Children welcome
- Two bathrooms
- Lounge, kitchen, dining room, deck
- Check prices and availability at the Award-winning holiday home here
Location: Grovetown. This is a 4 minute drive from Blenheim:
2. The Nineteenth Vineyard Accommodation – Sleeps 4
Best for: Modern Holiday Home with a View, Near Omaka Aviation Centre, Private, Children Welcome, $$$
The Nineteenth Vineyard Accommodation is a gorgeous stay on a hill with 360 degree views from every window and the deck to vineyards, farmland and the nearby golf course. The home is luxurious and spacious with open-plan living, a wrap-around deck and a bedroom on either end of the living area. For a slow-down why not luxuriate in the large bath and gaze out at the views. The pristine white kitchen is fully equipped for cooking at home and dining outdoors (or indoors if the weather is a bit chilly).
What’s nearby? The Omaka Aviation Centre, Villa Maria Estate, Auntsfield Estate, Dog Point Vineyard and the Fromm Winery.
Good to Know:
- 2 bedrooms – South Bedroom with king-size bed, North Bedroom with king-size bed
- 2 bathrooms, laundry facilities, heating and air-conditioning
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check prices and availability at The Nineteenth Vineyard Accommodation
Location: Fairhall – 10 minute drive from Blenheim
Hire a Bike and Explore Blenheim’s Vineyards:
Blenheim’s vineyards are all within easy biking distance so why not hire a bike and explore this charming region. With flat easy biking trails, river paths and beautiful scenery you can spend a unique day or half a day visiting the dozen or more vineyards, tasting the wines and enjoying the excellent food options on your guided trail. See Tripadvisor here for bike hire options.
The Golden Mile is a 6kms bike ride (or car ride) through the Rapaura and Renwick wineries – see the PDF map of The Golden Mile here.
3. Luxury Home Set in the Heart of the Wine District – Sleeps 6
Best for: Open-plan Holiday Home, Stylish, In the Vines, Countryside, Great Deck, $$$
With the vines only a few metres from your deck this spacious home is smack bang in the heart of a family vineyard. The luxury home, named Nic’s Shed (anything but!) looks out at two ranges named after local wineries – look south to the dry Wither Hills and then north to the Cloudy Bay Ranges.
This is a perfect retreat for families or friends wanting the open-plan space and style of a holiday home near so many of the activities. Picton is only a 20 minute drive away if you’re travelling by ferry.
Star gazing at night in the vines with a glass of Marlborough wine is a great memory. A little bit out of town but that’s what we wanted, and close to some beautiful local Wineries.Happy Guest
What’s Nearby? Saint Clair Family Vineyard Kitchen, Huia Vineyards, Allan Scott Family Winemkers, Wither Hills, Cloudy Bay, Hunter’s Wines, Hans Herzog Estate, Huia Vineyards, No. 1 Family Estate
Good to Know at this Blenheim Vineyard Accommodation:
- Three-bedrooms; master bedroom has a king-size bed, bedroom 2 has a queen bed and bedroom 3 has two single beds
- Two bathrooms
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Breakfast is included on your first morning
- Check prices and availability at Nic’s Cave
Location: Rapaura – 11 minutes to Blenheim
4. Castello Di Vino – Luxury Accommodation Blenheim – Sleeps 5
Best for: Luxury Apartment, Breakfast, Spa Pool, Hot Tub, Bikes $$
This Blenheim Vineyard accommodation sits in a commanding position looking out over rolling countryside and vineyards. Castello Di Vino is a popular stay north of Blenheim, by the Wairau River, and only a five minute drive to the Golden Mile.
The accommodation is a luxurious ground floor apartment for up to five guests with bed and breakfast. Each morning you’ll enjoy a continental breakfast with croissants, cereals, toast and fruit. With a glorious spa pool with views and even a wood-fired hot tub you have plenty of opportunity for soothing relaxation. You have free use of bikes so you can enjoy the countryside at a slower pace and ride to all the nearby vineyards.
What’s Nearby? Hans Herzog, Nautilus Estate, Cloudy Bay Vineyards, Wither Hills, Spy Valley Wines, Fromm Winery, Brancott Estate Heritage Centre, Villa Maria Marlborough Winery
Good to Know at this Blenheim Vineyard Accommodation:
- Four bedrooms, bedrooms 1, 2 and 3 have double beds and bedroom 4 has two single beds
- Free WIFI
- Fully-equipped kitchen, lounge, dining, laundry, one bathroom with hot tub
- Check prices and availability at Castello Di Vino
Location: Kaituna -18 minutes to Blenheim:
- Car Rental: Discover Cars – compare car hire companies all in one place and choose the type of car you want at the best price.
- Travel Insurance: Cover-More Insurance – includes access to travel GPs, and Covid-19 related benefits.
- Get Packed! Check out brand adventure/sports clothing and accessories at Catch NZ (catch of the day) where they beat the competition on price.