The Lilac Rose Boutique Bed and Breakfast is a charming and romantic 100-year-old villa in an upmarket neighbourhood. Only 4 km from the centre of Christchurch in New Zealand.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Affiliate Disclaimer.
This heritage villa is completely restored to offer luxury bed and breakfast accommodation. The rooms are spacious and beautifully furnished, with comfortable beds, luxury linens, and private bathrooms with modern amenities.
The peaceful atmosphere, comfortable rooms, and delicious breakfast make you feel right at home.
Best for: Bed and Breakfast, Romantic Getaways, Garden, Spa Pool, Antiques, Rooms for Up to 2 Guests, $$
Each room is carefully curated with antique interiors, luxe linen, fresh flowers, a TV, a bar fridge, and tea/coffee-making facilities.
In the tiled en-suite, you have toiletries, fluffy towels, and bathrobes.
The Mulberry Room and the Garden Room are on the ground floor with views of the gardens. The Mulberry Room features a claw-foot bath in the ensuite.
Upstairs you’ll find the lovely Attic Room that is either twin beds or a king-size bed.
For relaxation, you can soak in the outdoor spa with a glass of wine and your significant other, under the gazebo in the gardens.
Read a book and unwind in front of the gas fireplace in the shared lounge/library, or watch TV.
Have a cup of tea on the verandah looking out at the blooming gardens.
- 8 Eye-Catching and Unique Places to Stay in Christchurch
- Tussock Hill Vineyard Retreat in Christchurch
Breakfast at the Lilac Rose B&B
The breakfast buffet is a delicious and hearty way to start your day. With a variety of fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, including eggs, sausage, pancakes, waffles, fruit, yogurt, and cereal.
Review: We had a really wonderful stay. We arrived early and were warmly welcomed with a lovely afternoon tea. We enjoyed the antics of the host’s little dog. The breakfast was generous and delicious.
Things to Do Nearby
New Regent Street, Christchurch Art Gallery, Hagley Golf Course, International Antarctic Centre, Botanic Gardens, and the Willowbank Wildlife Reserve.
Book the Tram, Punt on the Avon River, and Gondola Ride with GetYourGuide.
Good to Know
- Free Wi-Fi
- Gourmet Breakfast included
- Shared lounge with a fireplace
- Garden with outdoor seating
- Hot tub
- 8km from the airport
- View at Agoda
At The Lilac Rose Boutique Bed and Breakfast, generous hospitality helps guests feel welcomed and valued. So, why wait? Experience the charm and luxury of this B&B on your next trip to Christchurch.
Pop your dates in and see the best prices from the recommended booking site:
- Explore Christchurch and the South Island with a car from Snap Car Rental. Support local and get your car from their office at Christchurch Airport.
- Need travel insurance? Cover-more Travel Insurance NZ offers medical expenses, travel delay cover, luggage cover, and more for peace of mind.
- Why not get CASHBACK when you book your travel? WayAway Plus is a new travel company that does just that. When I joined I made back the low yearly fee on a trip to the South Island.